Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013

Aye mum,
I love you. I love everyone. I love being a missionary. I love life. I love Heavenly Father. Well not a lot of time today so I'm going to crack down and get into it. First I'll include my letter that i sent to President Reeves:
 
Presidente Reeves,
This week was really good. I had to go to the doctor on Tuesday and then I was sick all day Wednesday and stayed in bed, I really felt the worst I have in a long, long time. It's ok now though because I feel great and we are working hard and are definitely going to do better than last week. Thank you for your comment about my Spanish being good, that really means a lot to me. Sunday we had lunch with a family and in the middle of the lunch I realized I was talking and chatting and not thinking about how to say things in Spanish. I'm so thankful for the gift of tongues and I pray for it every day. I'm continuing to learn so much from my companion and we are having a great time being companions. Last night I had a very special answer to my prayers. I had been praying for the week to feel happy and enjoy the moment like President Uchtdorf told us we need to do in the last conference. I was writing in my journal and I was completely full of feelings of peace and enjoyment of the work and gratitude for every blessing and that Heavenly Father loves me so much. I'm extremely grateful for you and my leaders in the mission. Thank you for everything President.
Elder Branden Astle

So yup, I went to the foot doctor and they took care of everything now I have a real pretty toe. :P
That night I ate something called Atoli. It's actually a drink, so I guess i drank it. Does that make sense in english? because in spanish I would say that I took a drink to say I drank a drink haha. Anyway, that night at 3 I woke up and ran to the bathroom and it decided to go back from whence it came. then I went back to bed. The next day I tried to work in the morning but on one of the buses I only lasted 30 seconds then I was forced to get off and I threw up all over the sidewalk haha. I looked on the bright side, that's a first for me! The rest of the day I laid in bed after that. I still dont feel quite right but I'm good enough to do the work and thats all that is really important.
So Jose Luis might not be baptized for 2 more weeks. It's hard to explain, we are just trying really hard to make sure he is ready. I really dont want him to fall after being baptized because I love him so much and I dont want him to be unprepared.
This week I have been missing the temple so much. I studied eternal marriage and eternal families this week and I'm just wrecked. I miss everyone so much (let our views equal you). It's pretty tough but I feel the Lord's love so much when I think about my family and how I have the perfect parents for me and how I hope I will be a good dad one day.
I will do my very very absolute best.
There's a cool song called Deeper by Paul Cardall, you should all look it up, i like it A LOT. Elder Knowlton has it on his ipod. Elders are allowed to have ipods with church music and music that invites the spirit on them and also church approved movies. I dont have an ipod though :( oh well I can sing like a professional (not) so it's ok :P
Aaron, you need to go on your mission as soon as possible ok? promise me k?
I was thinking this week about the time we went to Montana Glacier national park and how epic and amazing that was!!! I feel so blessed I feel kind of bummed that i didnt appreciate it more. I definitely appreciate it so much more now. especially with the heat haha.
There's another song where a guy talks about going fishing with his dad and well, Dad, I am so so excited to go fishing with you again.
Finally, mom could you send me the red exercise band? and also in that package could you send me the blue and white soccer jersey? it should still be in my closet i hope, it says "messi" on the back. PLEASE send the jersey? I would LOVE to have that here so much.

Anyway, I'm out of time I love you all so much, I'm so grateful for all of you and i pray for you every day and I'm so proud of each one of you and all the good decisions you make and to be a part of my family. I love you with my whole heart.
Elder Branden Carl Astle


PS - mom Sorry i forgot could you email or send a message to or something and tell the family Elmont that I love them and Thank you so much for the Christmas card the poem was awesommmmmme and also that Alissa stole the way I smile in her picture of them at Bryce canyon? Thank you!


 
 
 
 
 
 

Apparently the district leaders have a bug collection....of all the bugs they have found in their apartment!

                                            Elder Astle preparing for the day!

            Elder Astle said that this is how he felt at the beginning of the week ..so he drew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment