Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 22, 2013

Aye mum,
I love you so much. I hope you're always my mom... oh wait you will be :D I hope you always are so super great, I know you will be. Thank you for the email you sent me, I realized that I need to thank you more for everything you do for me. First I want to thank you for everything you have ever done for me. Thank you for loving me and our family so much and being the best mom and best wife to dad. Thank you for always being an amazing example of love, I hope one day I can love like you and dad. Thank you for sending me packages that really lift me up and make me feel so great. Thank you for sending me pictures every week to keep me seeing everyone. Thank you for your testimony and how you always strive to have the Spirit in our home. I love you.
I love everyone from home so much, but I also love everyone here too. I know I shouldn't play favorites but I think ... ok no I shouldn't say, nevermind :P (haha actually I'm just saying that haha sorry). Thank you for your email again, don't worry I am keeping a journal of course, I write in it every day. One day I want to turn my journal entries into epic stories for my family, I just need cool things to happen first :P Thank you for the story about Brian, I don't know why but it made me feel real happy but kind of sad that I wont be there. I liked the pictures of Brian on Sami's telephone. I like the picture of Brian on his face hahaha I feel weird though because Brian from those pictures seems so different, happy which is good, but different too and I'm kind of scared that everyone's going to be so different when I get back and no one will like me anymore. I guess we'll find out though.
I hope one day I can figure out what I want to be. This week we taught Diezmo (I dont know how to say that in English :( it's the thing where you pay the church ten percent on what you gain. My English is so dead :( Tithing! Ok anyway, we taught that and I shared my testimony of how I want to have a successful job after my mission so that I can be completely devoted to my church callings and do whatever the Lord wants me to do if He calls me to that. I trust Him.
One last thing, I'm pretty jealous dad went to a fly fishing tournament without me, but I'm also happy that he's having fun.
Thank you for praying for me mom, I need it.
This week was fun and good and I'm going to finish this letter with an amazing investigator we have right now. The other day we went to the Zone Leader's house, they set up a ping pong table. It was tough but we finally left after I beat everyone once. The other thing I can remember to tell you about is that I'm getting super muscly and you might have to send me more shirts because these one's are getting tight haha no actually don't worry about it! :P OH!!! The other day I found an original Kaka jersey out in a tiny pueblo so I bought it for 20 bucks (more or less). It was also great the other day when one of the less actives I have been working with told me they miss when I come over, I try really hard to help people feel that I love them, I hope I do a good job.
Mom, I don't know how you do it. My "son" Elder Bello is being trained right now and I tried to give him a trial to overcome the other day to help him grow and he ended up getting mad and basically saying I'm the worst companion. I'm so sorry if I ever said anything like that to you or anyone. You and dad helped me grow so much in so many ways and it's so hard because I want to be able to do it too but I don't know how. I want to be a good companion and I want to be an amazing parent like you and dad are. I'm still trying.
Sorry this letter is really long, but I'm going to wrap it up now.
This last week we started teaching Javier. He is a very successful business man working in Nealtican right now. He said everything we teach him is something he is already living in his life because it is basic but extremely true wisdom. We invited him to pray about our message and he said he didn't feel he needed to because he already feels that everything is so true. I insisted and he accepted and I promised him that Heavenly Father would answer him. In the lesson yesterday I verified if he prayed. He got quiet then he got a really big smile. He said he received an answer. He said after he prayed he got ready for bed and while laying there he heard a voice ask him if he doubted what we were teaching him and he began to think about that question. Then a powerful, warm peaceful confirmation came into his heart. I'm so thankful for the answer that I have received in my life and that I have the opportunity to be here to be a part of others receiving their answers. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
I love you mom, I'll talk to you soon,
Elder Branden Carl Astle
 
 
Another where's Wald....I mean Elder Astle
 
 
They got to help with the Primary Dance Festival
 
 
                                             Another perspective of Popo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment