Sunday, April 28, 2013

March 25, 2013

Aye mum,
Well this week I'm WAY short on time, but guess what, I love you so much and I'm so thankful for you and everyone that supports me. Oh guess what again! General Conference soon!!! Ok not too soon but I'm so excited for General Conference it feels a little strange but who cares, I'm a missionary I can be weird! haha Ok so today I feel a little crazy no idea why, probably because I only have a few minutes to write. Well first, I'm a dad, Elder Bello from Mazatlan in the state of Mexico is my son. He's super great and we have already had some really good lessons and I'm excited to have a companion as great as him, plus I get to teach him english mwahahahaha! I only have taught him dog, puppy, very good, and RUN! just in case of emergencies he can say very good puppy dog! Run!! :P It's actually one of the best and most humbling experiences being a trainer, I'll include my letter to president that describes a little of what it's like:
Presidente Reeves,
Thank you so much for your support. I feel so blessed to have the best mission president in the world. This week has been really good, I also am so impressed by Elder Bello. He really follows the Spirit and has demonstrated his desire to be obedient and do his best. He isn't shy to invite people to repent and has taught me already how I can do so much better at that. I'm so thankful for him and for the opportunity to train a missionary. This week we had some really good lessons and although our numbers weren't the highest I feel we are on an incline as far as progress in this area, I'm excited.
President, one thing I have learned lately is that I need to show the people that this is a message of happiness. What I mean is when we teach and I get to bearing my testimony or explaining the effects of the atonement I teach them with a smile. I really am so thankful and so happy to have the Gospel in my life and I should show them that.
Thank you President for everything, I love you and all the mission leadership.
Elder Branden Astle

So ya this week was good. Elder Bello received some sweet revelation to go teach a family about prayer and so we did and it was perfect because they said they have been having trouble saying their prayers and by the end everyone shared their testimonies and we just felt the Spirit so strong. Also we went and taught a less active family about the atonement and how much Christ loves us. Everyone cried and was happy :) I loved it. I love being a missionary. I wanted to share some stories with you that I heard in Sacrament meeting yesterday.

the first one is called "Careful Where You Walk":
In africa there was a daddy lion and a cub walking together. The dad looked back and decided it was a good time to teach his son a lesson. They were in the middle of a field and the dad lion said to his son careful where you walk son, there could be danger out here. The cub looked up to his dad and said Care where YOU walk dad, because I'm following in your footsteps.

"you didnt look up"
A dad and his son were walking by a field and the dad was hungry but they didnt have much money. The field had corn in it and so the father thought I'll just take some corn their is an entire field here. He looked into the field. no one. He looked on all sides. No one. Just when he was about to take some corn his sons said "dad, you forgot to look up."

I love both of these. I really want to be the best father in the world when I have a family, And I'm so thankful for my parents who have raised me in the best way. I hope one day to be a parent like them. I love you all and I'm so thankful for everyone who has had a positive influence in my life. I love you mom, talk to you soon,
Elder Branden Carl Astle
 

Elder Rameriz, Branden's first companion in Mexico, and Elder Bellos, his newest companion (or his son as he calls him) because Branden is training him.


                                                Elder Astle learns to weld!

                            
                                                      Yes it is Elder Astle!


                              Elder Bellos and his Lemon Head! Mexico has the biggest lemons!

 
Clouds over Nealtican, Puebla, Mexico
 

                                                  P-Day.. he made it to the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment