Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

Aye mum,
I love you so much and miss you so much too. I thought about you a bunch and how grateful I am for you a bunch this week. Thank you for being the best mom ever. I love everyone at home and miss them too. Yet again though, no time to write. :(
First I wanted to write that in our district we have a new district leader! And he's also training!! Me... To be honest I was really scared when I found out. I'm still kind of wondering why and trying to be positive that it will be a learning experience I just really need to try my best. We had one district meeting so far that I lead. It was good but I know I can improve it so much. This week was a bunch of work and we had a cool experience yesterday. I'll include the letter I wrote to President Reeves that explains it better:

Presidente Reeves,
This week was really good, as you know it started out rough but after repenting got a lot better. We were able to visit a lot of people and maybe they weren't lessons but we felt we were helping make a difference. I had a question about that, should we teach a lesson every opportunity that we have or are visits ok?
We had another baptism this week and two of our converts from the last week received the priesthood. They were both really awesome moments and they are both excited to go to the temple in the future. Javier really wants to go visit the temple to do baptisms for the dead too so we are focusing on that with him right now.
The district is doing great, I'm really proud of all of them. Elder Altamirano already has a lot of the basics down really well of how to teach people, not lessons. I'm proud of them both and how they are working on opening this area. Also, the Zone Leaders are working really hard and are a great example to all of the missionaries here. They really fulfill what the Mision Manual says about having your area be an example for the others.
President, yesterday we were teaching a woman about eternal families. She asked if a man can seal to more than one woman and if a woman can be sealed to more than one man. We told her a man can and a woman cannot. I had the impression to tell her about the ratio of men to women in the world but I ignored it at first but then it came again two times more. I began to explain that there are more women than men in the world. God wants all of His children to have the opportunity to gain exaltation and to gain exaltation you need to be sealed in the temple. If men couldn't be sealed to more than one woman then some of the women in the world would be left without the chance to gain exaltation and that would be against who God is.
Well I was wondering if that is correct? The truth is I had no idea what I was going to say and it all just flowed out, I feel it was an impression but I want to be sure.
Thank you President for everything.
Elder Branden Astle

So that gives you a little idea of what's been happening. I also wanted to include my little list of things to write home.
- The bread shops here are amazing!!!!!!!! the smell will call out to me from 3 blocks away and I have to use every bit of strength that I have to resist going to them. They have normal bread and so many kinds of sweet breads.
- Mole isnt that great anymore
- OH!! a couple weeks ago there was an earthquake here. We felt the house shakin!
- Mom could you send me my baptismal date, it's sad that I dont have it memorized
- Could you tell dad we had a training meeting about Psalms 139 the other day, the scripture he sent me, but the meeting was a couple days before. But still thank him please?
- Mom, could you send be beef jerky... it's SO GOOD!
I think that's everything, thank you so much I'm so excited to see you this week on Skype!!
I love you so much, SEE you soon!!
Elder Branden Carl Astle

 

                                                         Bryan was baptized!


                                                                   ?Ironman 3??


                                               The results of last weeks hike!

 
Noodles...yum!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment