Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013 The Day After Mother's Day

Aye mum,
I love you so much, I hope you had a good mother's day. You really are the best mom I ever could have had. Seeing you all yesterday so so great I loved it and I loved smiling and laughing so much. I love smiling and laughing in general EVEN THOUGH I have learned that my smile makes me look really chubby, well chubby-er, and my laugh sounds like a donkey. Trust me we hear donkeys going off every morning, the roosters dont know about the rule to wake everyone up at sunrise and so the donkeys do it for them. They are LOUD.
Well first I wanted to write about the letter you sent me. I really am so proud of you for doing so well in not drinking as much soda. To be honest I mostly want my kids to be able to hike and run and play with their grandma and grandpa. That means you need to help dad lose a bit too haha. I love you mom I really do. Thank you for your testimony that you shared with me. I loved it. I was a little bit sad because yesterday I didn't see jessica or ty or kaden or bryer or matthew. I really wanted to but Christmas I'll see them for sure right?
I'm going to include the letter I sent to president this week again:
Presidente Reeves,
Thank you for your letter. It helped me a lot and helped me understand a lot of things. I now can explain what I should say much better.
President this week was good. We taught a lot of lessons this week it felt like. I'm not sure why but almost none of our plans or appointments fell through. I'm of course very thankful for that. The other day, Saturday I think, went very well. For the whole morning we were on time in studying and exercising and praying and that helped us have a positive start. I felt a very strong peace come over me in the morning during all of my personal prayers that that day would go well. It did go well too. We taught very good focused lessons the whole day. I'm confident it was for the positive start we had that day.
The district is doing very well, I found out in the week that we have a new missionary, Elder Adrian, and he is very very welcome and doing very well and is happy. I'm happy too president.
The other day I got to thinking about my assignment and who I am and how I am. I still feel that I'm very inadequate and there is so many things that I have to repent of. I'm trying but I still feel weak and that I lack so much. I will keep doing my best of course. No, I'll do even better than that. I want to I just get caught in disobedience so easily and it bothers me so much when I realize it. Again, I'll do better than my best. Thank you for everything President.
Elder Branden Astle

To end I'll send you the words to the songs:

Bomb Mom Song
(1) My mama, my mama
is so great (oh yeah)
She's the best
Mom in
The whole world

(2) My mama, is so great
She can cook (oh yeah)
She makes
the best
Spaghetti

Her spaghetti, is so great
It will blow (your mind)
you wont
be able to stop
Once youve started
(or until your stomach hurts really bad because that's the only thing that keeps me from eating more)

My mama, is so pretty
And she's also (so smart)
She's educated
And she can tell you
All sorts of things
(She could probably almost be a tour guide in all of the places in the whole world where her video games have taken place)

It is true, My mom's the best
I love her (so much)
There's no
better mom
I could have had
(I could probably even prove it mathematically if you wanted it would just take me a really long time)

number (1) again

He'll lift you up:
Sittin on the sidewalk
Thinkin bout the walk home
Now it's harder than you thought
Walking towards the unknown
Take this chance
before it's too late
It only gets harder
the more you wait
Things to be done
Now dont you run
your soul
He has already won

(chorus)
Bring your burdens to Him
Just let Him in
When He says "you're forgiven"
Believe Him

Now you're trying to begin to walk
The steps are hard
Dont be afraid to fall
Help is never far
Then you trip
now youve fallen
you pound your fist
So much fighting this sin
But then He says come
I'll lift you up
But you need to lose those fists
to take my hand and trust my love

Chorus

Look at how far
You have come
You're walking again
Towards the Sun (or son, it should be both)
Youve done your part
and He's done His
Walk with Him and talk with Him
But dont forget that you are His

Chorus
2nd chorus:
You brought your burdens to Him
And you let Him in
He said " youre forgiven"
And now you trust Him

I love you so much mom, so this was so long haha. I'll talk to you soon mom.
I love you all so much and miss you all too but I am enjoying being a missionary so much.
Elder Branden Carl Astle
 
Side Note: This morning I was watching GMA and there was a news story about a volcano in Mexico that scientist think are getting ready for a major eruption. They said that the volcano was spewing steam, ash and some lava 1/2 mile into the sky on Saturday. They talked about closing the area off for seven square miles around the volcano. Police and military are setting up shelters and standing by in case they need to evacuate the towns. Branden sent me some pix of last Saturday and the precautions they took. Not too sure if I'm completely comforted with these precautions..
 
 
Branden said that they had to wear masks to protect them from contracting...(are you ready for this?)      pnuemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis  (yeah I cut and pasted this word!) He said it is a real word!
 

                                                   Dinner while Popo is erupting?!

 
                              Just a little ash on the streets after the eruption on Saturday..
 
 
A new Elder, Elder Adrian. Don't ask me about Elder Astle's look....he's a man of many faces?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment