Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sept 23, 2013 Land of the Rock Gods....

Aye mum, I love you and miss you so much. I talked about you in a lesson this week, I do that pretty often actually. Talk about my amazing family and incredible mother. I talked about how before the mission I didn't really do a good job about telling my family that I love them, but now I try to tell them every week. I tell them that they need to not make the same mistake as me. I love you all and miss you all a lot a lot a lot. This week was really good. A faith builder for sure. Oh I want to write back to the letters from this week to the Hodgkin family. Bro Hodg - You're probably right, there probably are not many families that will "tote around a life size picture of their son" Kind of weird right? (mom i'm kidding, i love it) Your card definitely had me laughing. Thank you for your faith. I liked how you put "It's all part of the plan" That helped me a lot to be honest, thank you. Ethan - Thank you for your letter. Thank you for telling me I'm doing great and setting a good example, it really does mean so much to me. PS. You look SUPER tall! Sister Hodgkin - I'm glad I can still make everyone laugh without even being there to get my hair cut. You told me about how great my mom is, too. She's the best right? Thank you for everything, you're family is awwwwwwwesome! So Tehuacan is Nauatl for Lugar de los dioses de las piedras or Land of the Rock Gods. I thought that was pretty cool. This week we ate cow tongue! but it wasn't even anything weird they just served it to us like normal not expecting a reaction or anything, I thought that was funny. I was coughing this whole week and barely slept too. Good news is that it was only coughing and not super sick like everyone else. This week is Nicole's birthday, it's on the 26th, be sure to do something awesome for her!!! I mean it can't be easy sitting in a closet for 2 years waiting for a sun-burned-now-half-mexican missionary. There are 6 people in my district, and that would be crazy way too much! But I'll probably end up spending a little bit, like $100? It's tough because in the mission, when a missionary has his birthday the ward mission leader is supposed to be in charge of helping out and celebrating and stuff but they removed out ward mission leader yesterday :( bummer. It's ok though, I think eating sushi will be enough. Thank you for everything you do and for being who you all are. I love you and miss you all so much. I love you mom, only 3 people love you more than me: Heavenly Father, Jesus, and Dad. :) Talk to you next week. Elder Branden Carl Astle


I tried mom....


Walking to an appointment..


ANTS!


MORE ANTS!


Good-looking Japanese kid????

No comments:

Post a Comment