Thursday, July 3, 2014

Birthday Email Made Me Cry + Happy Birthday Bobby!

Aye mum, I love you, thank you so much for being my mom. I don't think I would have done very well in life if I didn't have you as my mom. It would be tough for me to have to go through life with anyone less than the BEST mom. I love you. I'm going to respond to your email from last week. First off, your birthday email made me cry if you didn't know. Thank you. I love feeling and knowing that my mom loves me so much that it makes me cry. You're great at that mom, even to the point where you put a picture of a mother holding her baby on the side of the birthday box that you sent me it made me think that you probably did that on purpose. It made me cry again knowing that I will always be your son and you will always be my loving mother. Thank you mom. You told me it's probably pretty wet weather here but to be honest i'm dying of the heat. You told me about a new island being born and to me that is amazing. You told me about how Pete's son Scott caught the most fish on the fishing trip but I hope you know that's only because I wasn't there. I love people who are rough around the edges, the Gospel is designed for them, me being VERY VERY VERY rough. I'm so proud of Sadie for almost baring her testimony, that means so much to me. Can you send me the picture of me standing on the side of a truck looking back at the camera? I don't know which one it is. You hadn't told me about the story of the people helping you but I love those stories, thank you for sharing them with me. You told me about Taylor Rieff going back out on his mission, to be honest he is one of the best friends I had in the ward, I'm so proud of him too. You told me to keep working hard because I'm lifting others and that means a lot to me. I'm trying really hard and sometimes it seems too hard or like I'm not doing very well so thank you so much. Oh I was going to add that every time that you have the opportunity to have a missionary opportunity take advantage of it and invite them to listen to the missionaries. I know you can do it mom! Oh and you sent me pictures of Brandon Pilcher with his girlfriend, he didn't get married to Stephanie Callaway??? That's a surprise. Just a few points - It's funny here, a lot of people are in rushes and they will start to run about 25 feet and realize they are tired and stop to rest and then walk a little and then run a little more then stop again, and it goes about the same speed. - Elias is one of our best investigators, he has had a lot of trials in his life and I shared your experience mom about looking for the truth and he told me that he had a similar experience. He told us of how he was praying to find what God wanted for him and a couple days later he met us in a family home evening. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY!!!! I'm so proud of you and I get to talk about you all the time, people ask me about my family and they are always really interested in how my borther was in the military and I tell them about the big truck you drove and everything and they love to hear those stories. - Thank you for the birthday package, I got one package. It had 4 ties from you all, that's gold a amazing, and one from kimmy that is a suuuuper cool blue, and one from Sadie that is the COOLEST cream color, and the mom tie, I love them all thank you so much. General Conference was amazing, I learned so much. I hope you all did too. We need to remember that we are not only hearing the words of righteous men but those are the words of God. We should cherrish and study them as if God was telling them to us Himself. How we treat and cherrish and study the words of the prophets is a reflection of the importance of God's words in our lives. I love you all so much and I know the words of God will bless us all so much. Thank you all for everything, I love you all. I love you mom, Elder Branden Carl Astle Ps mom i'm trying with aaron, I'm sorry if I have said things that have made him feel like he doesnt want to go on his mission. That makes me so sad to think that maybe I did that, please forgive me. I love you mom.


First off, my companion doesn't believe that Brian is drawing those pictures, he literally thinks that they are photos. Aaron needs to do wheelies better, haha. I'm kidding, I'm praying for him! Thank you for the pictures this week mom, to be honest they make me feel so happy, thank you so much.



Me with my first birthday cake, they have a tradition called "mordida" or "bite" where the birthday person has to take a small bite of the cake without utensils, see following, but someone always pushes their face in the cake

My companion pushed my face in!





Birthday lunch at the Bishops house!



It was Itziari's birthday too!


My second birthday cake! It was the best cake I've tasted in Mexico!


Itziari pushed my face into the cake..


Sushi Dinner! Elias is on the left, I met him one of the first days we got here and now he is preparing to be baptized..so I invited him and a friend who is a member to be baptized. I tried....


No pushing my face into the cornbread cake, Cake number 3!


Pix of two rocks I forgot to send you...



No comments:

Post a Comment