Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013 WARNING: Some photos may be hard for some to look at!

Aye mum,
I love you. Thank you for being the best mom. Thank you for believing in me so much. I miss you and love and miss everyone at home so much. I love the people here so much too. I have to be honest mom, I forgot your letter from last week at home and can't really remember the notes I put. I do remember one thing. I have to tell you mom, you will always be smarter than me. I'm so happy I can say that too. I have parents who are very very intelligent and wise and I will always be grateful for that. This letter will be shorter to be honest. We went and played soccer in a little mountain village really close to the volcano today and got back a little late. Please forgive me? Next week I'll write a better letter for sure.
 
Well as you know, I ate crickets this week. A few times actually. They taste pretty good. They just fry them up and serve them with salt or with lemon juice and salsa. The ones with lemon juice actually taste pretty good. Although picking the little legs out of my teeth wasn't very great. Also the cricket flavor that stays in your mouth until the next day is kind of weird too.
 
The other day, we had another earthquake. There was two or three this week. They're little ones though, well there was a bigger one too. It was funny as we were studying and we felt it and i asked my companion "do you feel that?" and he says "ya it feels cool" ... and we went on studying as the earthquake passed. I was thinking of that and about how the Spirit works. Right now in the mission we have higher senses of feeling the Spirit I feel like. It feels amazing to be able to receive and follow impressions from the Spirit every day. It's one of the reasons I don't want the mission to end. I love being a missionary so much. One of the best feelings I have ever had in my life is acting on a spiritual prompting and later finding out that it was the answer to someone's prayer. I know I'm still lacking in many places but I will become better, I want to reach my potential so much. I love you mom, I'll talk to you next week,
Elder Branden Carl Astle


 
This is a delicacy here in Mexico. It is a fungus found on corn.
 
 
Oh YUM, fried crickets!! Will he eat them??? 
 
 
Oh.... you bet he will!
 And he was my pickiest eater!

 
He had to send some proof!

 
He said that these guys like it a little more than he does!
 

 
Here is our weekly "Where's Elder Astle pix!" They spent the day sweeping and cleaning the streets.
 
 
On the way back!

 
 Elder Tanner bought everyone PIZZA!
>
 
The best pix...a couple gets baptized!
 
 
Elder Astle says that these catapillars are all over Mexico and if they touch
 your skin you will break out in a painful rash!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment