Monday, August 26, 2013

Aye mum,
I love you. Thank you for being my mom. Thank you for loving me so much too. I love everyone at home. I have some bad news. I forgot what I printed out last week in the house so I wont be able to write back to it. But hey that's good right? Now you don't have to spend so much time reading my lame emails, haha. Hey I have to tell you, "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" is one of my favorite hymns now.... because I love the Spanish version haha but the english version too! Listen here: https://www.lds.org/youth/music?lang=eng
Want to hear something crazy? I ate a hamburger the other day with onions and tomatoes and loved it... I really am changing, haha. Oh hey have Brian and Aaron and Bobby and Kimmy look up the song "Ezio's Family" It's not mission appropriate but I heard it from an elder in my district this week and I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?! THATS AMAZING!!!!" I love it... and then I told him he should think about taking it off his ipod, haha. So i went to the doctor's office again this week! But this time to get the "don't come back you DARN TOE NAIL" surgery. I think it went well, I have high hopes that I wont have to go to the doctor's again. It hurt more this time though. Oh also, I forgot to tell you mom that I never bought a new suit. I really was going to but then I decided I'll just keep the one I have and it will be fine. But I might need new shoes :( I walked a big hole into the bottom of my shoes and well... that's not good. But I'll let you know what happens with that.
Well just one quick thing. I have been praying a lot lately. I love my Heavenly Father so much. I pray to have my understanding opened. I feel little by little I am learning. I feel like I'm getting better. I hope I'm better when I get home. I hope I'm making you all proud of me. It's hard sometimes when we stop having success, or just hard or empty days I guess you could say. I try so hard to invite the Spirit. I pray for it so many times a day. Yesterday we found a less active hermano before we went to church. He said he wasn't going to go to church and we explained that's not what God wants for him but it's what Satan wants. All of a sudden I was filled with the Spirit and I knew with all certainty that he was feeling the Spirit in that moment. I told him that I knew he could feel and that Spirit became even stronger. It really was one of the first time the Spirit has worked inside me like that, I don't know how to describe it well. I just knew, I had zero doubt, that he was feeling the Spirit. I know there is so much power in prayer. I hope you are all saying family prayers, I hope you and dad are praying together, and I hope everyone is saying their personal prayers in the morning and night. God wants to hear from us so much.
I love you all so much, Thank you for being my family and friends,
Elder Branden Carl Astle
 

 

 
YES..... Another Heart shaped Rock for Mom!

 
Sun ring thing

 
Toe surgery......again!

 
A families front door

 
Finally...Elder Astle makes friends with the PROBLEM!

 
Graffiti...Nealtican Style!



No comments:

Post a Comment