Monday, August 26, 2013

July 15, 2013

Aye mum,
I love you so much. Thank you for being the best mom. I'm so glad God blessed me and I get to be your son. You and Dad are the best, and if there was a word that meant more than the best I would use that to describe you both, but then even that wouldn't completely express how grateful I am for you. And Kimberly. Well I would use that word to describe her and Jessica as the best sisters too. :)
Well this week was pretty good. As far as investigators go, well we have kind of hit a wall. We can't seem to find anyone new to teach, it's hard when my whole entire world is 4 blocks right now, and the investigators we have want to wait a lot of time to get baptized or they don't want to go to church... or even pray... but they still want to get baptized! Haha. I love being a missionary. I know this work is true. I know this is the Lord's work. I know He works with me every day. I know He lifts me. I know these are God's children. It is truly so amazing to see the changes in the converts. Their lives change after their baptisms. I saw the Hermana Tomasa the other day, the older woman that I baptized. Before her baptism she was always feeling sad she expressed to us. Now, she smiles, she laughs, she goes to church and is faithful in doing her part. God truly blesses us for living in the true Church of Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it.
I'm so thankful for my sister Kimberly. She is truly and incredible example of love. She is amazing and seeing her happy makes me happy too. I'm so grateful to be her brother. I'm so grateful that she chose to be married in the temple and for that we can have eternal families. I'm thankful for her example. I'm thankful for how she always licked her hand and waved it at us when we tried to take the channel changer away from her. I would leave and not watch as much tv... or I would just watch whatever she was watching haha. I love my sister Kimberly.
Well it rains here. It rains every day. And it's summer. And it's sun out until 830ish. And guess what else, I told dad this, it never gets below 40 degrees and the very very coldest and 80 degrees at the hottest. I love this ward but next week we'll see if I'll be staying in paradise haha. I think God might humble me and send me to another side. Well that's my week. I love you all so much.
I'll talk to you soon.
Elder Branden Carl Astle
 
 

                                                               Popo in the morning!

 
                                                            Having a Hawaii experience

No comments:

Post a Comment